Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Purrrfect II

Purrrfect II
8" x 6", pastel

My last couple of months have been filled with work on a commission. I, occasionally, do commissions, usually 8 x 10 or 9 x 12, my largest being 16 x 12, that is up until now!

This wonderfully trusting couple asked me to create for them a painting of a place they dearly love. They had not met me, only seen my work at the Gallerie at Gruene and online, yet trusted me to create this painting. I am forever in their debt. Because of them, I think I shall not fear the painting challenges that I face from now on. The painting was created, they are pleased, and it is soon to be hanging in their home. 

So.......having completed the commission, I painted something different. I was ready to paint a critter! Now, I am not a fan of cats, but they are great subject matter! You can feel his disdain for the human taking his photo!!!!! LOL!

Oh, did I mention, the commission was 4ft x 6ft!

No comments:

Post a Comment