Friday, October 18, 2019

Old Country Road

Old Country Road
6 x 12, pastel

This is one of those serendipitous situations. We were driving home from a retirement party the other evening and this glorious play of light and shadows presented itself. I snapped photos through the windshield hoping I could get just one usable photo. That is a real issue for me, taking tons of photos and maybe one will be what I am looking for or perhaps I am too picky????

Anyway, I was looking back through the photos on my phone the other day and this one jumped out at me. The darks of the trees, sunlit grasses, yep that is a painting. I even started off painting without a detailed drawing.........dang, getting wild and crazy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I always have a hard time choosing reference photos as well. But I’d like to feel comfortable enough to depart from the photo eventually as well. Your painting is beautiful! Love the lighting in the foreground!

    ReplyDelete