Thursday, April 21, 2022

Easter Meltdown (until I can decide on a new title!)


 Easter Meltdown
12 x 16, pastel

This photo is a number of years old and I have loved it each time it has been shared. It is just so precious and typical of little ones....things can go downhill so fast in a photo session. 

I have been in a painting slump of late, nothing enticed or interested me. Had enough of critters and landscapes. Then Easter approaches and this photo is once again shared by grandmother and family. This is one I have wanted to try since the day I saw it. But I 'knew' that I couldn't paint good enough to capture all three cuties. Well, this year, I swallowed my fear and asked if I could attempt it. They graciously said yes. This was the most fun that I have had painting since I painted my oldest son and his first child last fall. There was no pressure, wasn't trying to please a client, just pure joy of creating or recreating the essence of children being children!

Hope you enjoy it, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment