Sunday, September 16, 2012

Italian Man
(7 x 5, pastel)

OK, so I tried real hard yesterday to contain my excitement that I had paintings juried into the Texas Pastel Society Exhibition. My son said I had to tone down my blog entry! What does he know! I am ecstatic, more like blown away---but at the same time humbled that this has happened.

Italian Man is another painting that has been accepted in the show. I saw this man several times a day while in Citta Della Pieve. It is early in the evening and he is sitting on the steps of the largest cathedral at the center of two plazas. One of the greatest things about Italy was that every evening the streets were filled with people of all ages visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it. What talent you have! cdj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, This is a great painting. I love it. I enjoy seeing your art blog up and running. Way to go, lady! --Janet

    ReplyDelete