Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Weathered Beauty

Weathered Beauty
12x9, pastel

This is just the first of, hopefully, many more paintings with this woman as the subject. She is a gypsy woman, who lives in Italy. I was blessed to get to see her while visiting Citta della Pieve. She played the hand organ as marionettes that were attached to her feet and legs danced. It was such a joy to behold and the small children loved it.

This is also my first attempt at a portrait of a female using pastel as the medium. I truly believe that portraits are easier in watercolor. Now there are plenty who would argue that point with me. 

2 comments:

  1. OMG - absolutely, totally wonderful. Your stuff is all good, but this one really appeals to me! Love, love, love it! You are one talented woman! C. Jones

    ReplyDelete