Thursday, October 3, 2013

Autumn in the Carolinas

Autumn in the Carolinas
8 x 8, pastel

I promised that I would let you know if any of my paintings were accepted into the Artoberfest Juried Show at the New Braunfels Art League Gallery. Well,----------all three of them were!!! Woohoo!!! And it gets even better, they told me that one of them won an award!!! Woohoo, again! I won't know what kind of award or which painting won until the reception tomorrow evening 5-8pm when the winners are announced. If you are free and would like to enjoy free food, wine and lovely art, drop by tomorrow.

This lovely area is on the Biltmore Estate, I believe. I took so many photos last fall while in Asheville, N. Carolina that I cannot keep them straight. It is one of the three paintings on display in the Artoberfest show.

Also, other good news received today, Daily Paintworks chose my painting, First Peek, to be a Facebook Pick of the Day. It will be on display at the site all month I believe. They choose 6-8 new ones each day. You may check it out at, www.facebook.com/dailypaintworks  or go back a couple of posts to see the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment