Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Really Blessed and "What Bird Seed??"

What Bird Seed??
10 x 10, pastel

This has been the most amazing month in so many ways regarding my art. It started off with a wonderful workshop with Margaret Dyer, taking me way out of my comfort zone with painting the figure from life. She was so inspiring. But then it continued that following Thursday when I learned that she had awarded me the first ever Britta Herzog Award for Creativity at the Austin Pastel Society Juried Member Exhibition!!

The blessings have continued these last 5 days with sales of my paintings both at the Gallerie at Gruene and online! All I can say is God is Good and I am blessed beyond measure. 

We have deer in our yard ALL the time. They love our shrubs but they also love the bird seed. I have been wanting to paint this subject for awhile and since I was needing to replace a painting at the Gallerie, now was the time. This was so fun to create! When I took the reference photo, the deer had such a surprised, 'oh, I've been caught' look. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment