Sunday, April 8, 2018

San Antonio Art League and Museum

Scenes from Above--Cyclist
12 x 16, pastel

Been waiting anxiously for this day to arrive. Back in January I entered this painting in the San Antonio Art League and Museum in their first on-line submission process. It was accepted and delivered for the juror to judge along with all accepted entries. The last time I had a winning entry I was notified the following week. When that didn't happen, I was still thrilled that it had been accepted at all and to add to the joy, the image was used on the announcement/postcard!

Much to my surprise I was notified that I had, in fact, won an award on March 14. So I have had to wait all this time to find out. Today was the day! The show opened and will run until May 26, at 130 King William, San Antonio.  

I am humbled to win the Betty Rihn Keller Memorial Award. There are so many beautiful and varied pieces of art on display. Thank you to judge/juror, Michael Ettema, for choosing my entry as deserving an award.


No comments:

Post a Comment