Sunday, August 25, 2013

TAMU Pride

TAMU  Pride
28 x 18, watercolor

This painting was a labor of love for the ideal of Aggie Pride. I took a dear friend to the next to the last Aggie home game last fall and she took me to the Quad to see the 'step off' prior to the game. Season tickets for two years and I had never seen that. The Quad was packed with people besides all the Corp members. It was awesome.

While snapping pictures of the activities, I captured this moment. This man was the Commander of the Corp last year. In that mass of people, he seemed to be taking in the importance of the moment. So I worked on this painting for months, with the intention of giving it to a man I had never met, but felt I knew. When we went to move our Aggie home in May, I took this painting and left it at headquarters for him. From the email I received that afternoon, he liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment