Saturday, March 8, 2014

Comal Spring

Comal Spring
6 x 6, pastel

My sweet husband registered me for a Richard McKinley pastel workshop for my birthday last year. It was quite an undertaking to get me in; Richard McKinley's workshops fill instantly. I love his style, so loose and lovely, something I struggle to achieve. I don't hint at leaves on the trees, I pretty near paint every one.

So I purchased a video by Richard McKinley, in order to get my self more accustomed to his style prior to the workshop this August. Comal Spring is my first attempt in this style. I know, it looks fairly detailed but believe me, there are a ton more rocks on that path, and blades of grass and (well, you get the picture).

Just a reminder to drop by the Corridor of Art, 700 Lavaca, Austin, M-F during business hours (9-5) and check out the paintings of the Austin Pastel Society Show. You can also join us March 30 from 3-5pm for the awards reception. Parking will be free on that Sunday. Just take the elevator to the lower level and you exit in the Corridor.


No comments:

Post a Comment