Friday, April 18, 2014

Finally!!

5 Generations or The Brock-Men Tradition
16 x 20, pastel

Last fall a dear friend came to me with an idea for a painting for her husband. As she explained her idea, my mind was spinning, how in the world would I get everything in the painting that she was suggesting? I truly wanted to be able to create what she desired but was doubtful that I could. She sent me the photos she had taken on her phone and I sat on it for a few months.

In January I decided I would give it a try. The story behind the painting is that 5 generations have gotten their haircut at the Trophy Barbershop with this being the very first haircut for the baby. Great granddad and great-great granddad are no longer with us, thus their photos taped to the mirror.These were added and were not in the original photo. The barbershop has big game heads covering the walls, and even has a stuffed polar bear standing at the entrance. The suggestion of the game is on the right and in the reflection of the mirror, as well as mom and the barber. Pa, as he is called, is holding the envelope to collect the locks of hair.

After 3 months of work and trying to keep a secret, this is the finished product. The painting was given to Rusty tonight by his wife with his mother and children in attendance; and I was there too. I think he liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment