Thursday, May 15, 2014

Sunlit Deer


Sunlit Deer
8x8, pastel
Click to Bid

Realism is a double edged sword. It can provide a painting that looks just like a photo, pleasing to a few but many prefer the looser more painterly style---paintings that leave a little to the imagination. I have been plagued with being too realistic lately. When I began pastels, my style was looser. I was just trying to get pastel on the paper and have struggled to get back to that style.

Working with the program on my computer to enhance photos has inspired me to grow in my painting. It is a known fact that value trumps color when it comes to art. Knowing that fact and implementing it are two different things. So bear with me as explore this new method. Still looks like a deer, doesn't it????

No comments:

Post a Comment