Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Sunset

Sunset
10 x 20, pastel

Since I have been getting my art “out there” at the encouragement of my family, I have struggled with promoting myself. Just wasn’t raised that way, what can I say? But something happened yesterday that touched me and I felt that I should share it. So bear with me, please.

You may or may not have known that I had been a member of the Wimberley Fine Arts Center, an artist collaborative, since May. It was a great group of artists, so very talented. I was honored to be invited to join and experienced a fair amount of success with sales of my art. But even with that, I still felt uneasy promoting the fact that I was a part of the group.


Well, the group lost their lease and disbanded the end of November. I was invited to stay in the gallery (along with 4 other fabulous artists, Jim Street, Carolyn Pittman, Shelley Esser and Margi Uniacke) and display art as part of Pitzer’s Fine Art, a gallery that represents a variety of fine artists. I was thrilled to get a call from Rob Pitzer Saturday that this painting, Sunset, had sold! Still I didn’t feel comfortable, telling anyone that my art was hanging at Pitzer’s Fine Art, that is, until yesterday. I took more paintings to the gallery to fill the void created by the sale. While there, Rob introduced me to a gentleman in the gallery as a former member of the artist collaborative, who is now a part of Pitzer’s Fine Art. Did you catch that? Rob, who represents well known artists from across the country, introduced me as ‘part of’ Pitzer’s Fine Art. If he can say it, I think I should be able to also!

So..... this Saturday evening is Winter's Fest, as well as Art Stroll, in Wimberley. A wonderful time to get in the Christmas spirit and enjoy some lovely art. Hope to see you in Pitzer's Fine Art Gallery, where I am privileged to show my art!





10 comments:

  1. Oh, how very wonderful and so well deserved! I am so happy for you. Thank you for sharing this with us all. It is always wonderful to hear of the success of fellow artists, especially when they are as sweet as you. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, Gaye, thank you for sharing this site and your comments! I love your art, so envious of your beautiful backgrounds.

      Delete
  2. WOW! That had to be a RUSH to have Mr Pitzer intruduce you in that way.
    Concratulations on all of your sucess.
    Casey and I hope to be able to view your art at the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Denise! I am so happy for you, but not nearly as surprised as you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS!! And CONGRATULATIONS on selling "Sunset", your first
    sale a Pitzer's Fine Art! Don't ever forget that your art is appreciated
    among your peers and we're proud to have you as part of the gallery.

    Shelley Esser
    Elegant Frippery
    www.pitzersart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shelley! Never thought this many people would check out my blog! Looking forward to Saturday!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, Denise. Your art is so lovely. I'm very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete