Thursday, December 6, 2012

Backyard Glow

Backyard Glow
6 x 8, pastel


OK, so I completed a painting in an hour after painting 'Lucky' ; well, here it is. That's right, it is no masterpiece, but it is a step in the direction I am wanting to try---loose, painterly.  This isn't for everyone, my oldest doesn't like the style at all. My goal is, as I paint more, that loose strokes will suddenly appear here and there in my realistic style.

My friend tells me to "do the work" the style will come. So I am doing the work, knocked out another one this morning. I love to paint critters, both human and animal, and he is a cutie even from the great distance he was away. How fortunate to be snapping pictures and the one he was in is this awesome pose. Is your interest piqued?

No comments:

Post a Comment