Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lucky

Lucky
6 x 8, Pastel


Man, it was good to get to paint yesterday! You know I have been trying to be looser, more painterly in my style---I failed royally in the loose department with this one. But now really, can a squirrel this up-close-and-personal be loose? You've got to see those whiskers, hairs, and gleam in the eye! I labored several hours on this one, thinking at one point I was going to have to get the wet rag out and wipe it off--but I didn't. Oh, the name Lucky----well, he is still running around the yard!!!

I painted a landscape after I painted Lucky, got a little closer to the style I have been striving for. It may show up in a later post.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely precious, Denise. Great color, great light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work Denise............"Lucky" is just precious. I really like the way you handled the background. I am enjoying your blog. You write well, interesting and entertaining. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete