Friday, December 28, 2012

Variation #5

Variation #5
5x7, pastel

Hope everyone had a Blessed Christmas and hoping you have a wonderful New Year--beginning with a safe New Year's Eve!

Just finished this Variation #5. I enjoyed changing the format to horizontal, looks like a totally different picture even though it is the same old subject matter. Read Richard McKinley's blog last night about harmony in a painting. He recommended using only the number of pastels that you can hold in your hand and that's just what I did.

Lacking the time to get in my reference photos and search for a subject to paint next, so I am glad to have these variations to satisfy my need to paint.

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to see all your creative approach to the variations. I love the warmth of this latest!

    ReplyDelete