Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Business of Art

Landa Lake Linedancers
5 x 11, pastel   SOLD


The business of art is just a pain, a necessary evil, but it really can take the joy out of art. I have spent today learning about marketing my art and then this evening matting and framing my works to put in the next NBAL show next week. Now, I did have to take breaks to watch the Aggies beat the H___ out of Alabama!!!! But I digress, I would have much rather have been painting while I was watching the Aggies beat the Tide. There is just joy in painting, much frustration too, but mainly joy. I can just lose myself in the process. So maybe tomorrow.........................

The Landa Lake Linedancers live in Houston now. I know they are happy there. They are a  pretty sassy group.

1 comment:

  1. The colors in this one are outstanding. I especially love those blues against the browns. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete